25th August 2023 (Friday) to 27th August 2023 (Sunday)
SportsExpo 2023 - Hall 3 & 6, AsiaWorld-Expo
Event Category and Time Table：
15th August 2023 23:59pm (First come first served)
HKD$750 for one category ; HKD$1,300 for two categories
*Each participant can enroll in two categories in maximum
HKD$2,000 for each application
*Participants must study the rules and regulations listed below carefully. Participants who have completed the enrollment process agree to be abided by the rules and regulations of the event that has been signed up, the enrollment fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Early Bird Discount
Participants who enroll before 14th July 2023 can get a discount as below.
Individual Group: HKD$680 for one category ; HKD$1,180 for two categories
Team: HKD$1,800 for each application
Each enrollment included participant and an adult for entrance (Participant can apply for coach entry ticket)
* Participant can purchase an additional admission tickets for SportsExpo 2023 at a special price of HK$20
* Free admission for participants aged 12 or below, aged 60 or above or holder of the "Registration Card for Persons with Disabilities", participants can redeem admission tickets at the on-site ticket office.
The competition starts with the poule, and direct elimination come afterwards.
- Bout of poule ends when one of the fencers has scored 5 points or three minutes of effective time have passed.
- All direct elimination matches end when one of the fencers has scored 10 points or when the two periods of three minutes of effective time have passed in the last period. One-minute rest between two periods will be given in each direct elimination match.
- For C & D Grade- All direct elimination matches end when one of the fencers has scored 15 points or three minutes of effective time have passed in the last period. One-minute rest between each period will be given in each direct elimination match.
- In each bout of all poules and direct elimination before table of 32, the effective time will not be stopped even the referee call “halt”. From table of 16, the effective time of each match will be stopped after the referee calls “halt”.
- Each team consists of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 fencers.
- Each match consists of 45 scores (Total 9 relays in each match. 5 scores and 3 minutes for each relay. The team who got 45 scores wins the match.
- In each bout of all poules, the effective time will not be stopped even the referee call “halt”. From direct elimination, the effective time of each match will be stopped after the referee calls “halt”.
- The elimination rate of all individual events will be approximately 20%. For team events, only 8 teams will proceed to direct elimination.
- Rules and regulations of FIE will be the main reference of the competition.
- For a sport trauma/injury or cramp or other acute medical incident which occurs in the course, and which is properly attested by the first aider on duty, the referee will allow a break for treatment lasting no longer than 5 minutes. This break should be strictly reserved for the requisite treatment. During the remainder of the same day, a fencer cannot be allowed a further break unless as a result of a different injury or cramp or acute medical incident of body part.
- If coaches accompanying is required, participants should apply for coach admission tickets when registered in the competition. All registered coaches should get coach wristband at the registration counter.
- Individual events: If less than 4 participate, the event will be mixed with the other gender and/or age group of the same weapon. The final ranking will be awarded separately. If the number of fencers of both male and female in the same event is less than 4, such event will be canceled.
- **Plastic Foil Events: The event will be mixed with boys and girls. The final ranking will be awarded separately. **
- Team Events: If the number of teams is less than 3, such event(s) will be cancelled.
- No appeal will be accepted. All final judgments will subject to the chief referee’s decision.
All fencers must prepare their own full set of fencing equipment and backup equipment. If fencer is using any equipment that does not conform the specifications in the competition, the referee(s) will eliminate the unjustified equipment by the regulations. The competition will only accept equipment approved by the Hong Kong Fencing Association, Chinese Fencing Association (with CFA Logo only) or International Fencing Federation (with FIE Logo only). For details, please refer to the list of relevant equipment and announcements from the respective organizations. Fencer(s) must present their fencing uniform (jacket, under plastron and breeches) and mask to weapon control counter for checking, staffs will stamp on the approved items. If there is any objection will be subject to the final decision made by the chief referee. The basic requirements of equipment are as follows.
- Fencing Uniform: including jackets, under plastron and breeches with no damage, and required to conform with the least penetration standard EN13567:2002, i.e., with 350N of penetration resistance.
- Mask and mask wires: Fencer must have mask for weapon of group participated, which must be undamaged and in good condition. There must be two independent safety systems on the mask which will not fall and can effectively protect the head and face. They must also conform with the least penetration standard EN13567:2002, i.e., with 350N of penetration resistance. If fencers use Leon Paul masks (without metallic tongue version), a dedicated neck strap must also be used. The mask wire for foil and saber cannot be coiled wires. Please prepare at least two mask wires which function well and ready for replacement in case of damage.
- Chest protector: All fencers must using chest protector.
- Electric jacket: Foil and Sabre fencers must prepare suitable electric jacket. Left-handed fencers must use electric jacket for left-handed fencer, and vice versa. The jacket must be undamaged and good conductivity. The jacket must fulfil the specified requirement in different weapons of covering the specified valid surface.
- Glove: Glove must be worn on the hand holding weapon. Sabre fencers must wear Sabre glove or sleeves (with electric conductive clothing)
- Shoes: Fencing shoes are recommended. Otherwise only non-marking sports shoes are acceptable.
- Socks: Socks should be long enough to cover knee. No black socks are allowed.
- Electric weapon: Please prepare at least two pieces of electric weapon which function well and are ready for replacement in case of malfunction. Furthermore, only #0 weapon will be used for A, B (Individual) & Youth 1 (Team) grade. For C, D (Individual) & Youth 2 (Team) grade, fencers can choose #0-#5 weapon.
Starting from Table of 16 in direct elimination, weight test and gauge test for weapon tips is required for foil and epee. The pressure required on the pointe d’arrêt of Foil is 500g, this weight must be lifted by the spring of the point. The pressure required on the pointe d’arrêt Epee is 750g, this weight must be lifted by the spring of the point; and the total and residual travel distance are 1.5mm and 0.5mm separately. Failure of passing the tests will be handled according to the rules of competition.
- Body wire: Please prepare at least two body wires which function well and ready for replacement in case of malfunction.
- Hair: All fencers with long hair must be fastened and placed inside the clothing and/or mask in such a way as to ensure it does not cover a valid surface (and thus prevent a hit from being scored). Otherwise, a yellow card of warning will be given.
- **For plastic foil events: Organizer will provide plastic weapon for competition. Fencers need to prepare mask, glove and chest protector.**
Other Event Notes:
- Participants are required to report and bring their masks, jacket, under plastron and breeches for checking at the weapon control counter during the report time.
- Those who are late for report will be disqualified from the competition and the registration fee will not be refunded.
- Fencers can participate in more than one age-group competition. If the competition time overlaps with other events, fencers must decide which competition they will participate, and the organizer will not make special arrangements and refunds.
- Fencers must follow by the rules and arrangements set by the organizer
- The actual schedule is subject to the on-site announcement
- All fencers must check and reconfirm the scores carefully for the results and information on the score sheet after poule and/or direct elimination, and sign on the score sheet if there is no error. If you have any questions about the information on the score sheet, please immediately check with the referee who is in charge of that match. All information on the score sheet cannot be changed after being confirmed by the fencer with signature, even if the results are incorrect.
- Except the fencers, referees, staffs of the competition and other people who are allowed to enter by the chief referee No one is allowed to enter the competition area. Registered coaches with coaches' admission wristband can enter the competition area during the one-minute break of direct elimination. The referees reserve the right to give individual offenders a yellow card of warning or a black card to dismiss the offenders without giving any form of warning in advance.
- Team name can be in Chinese (Limited 10 characters) or English (Limited 30 Alphabets)
- Each unit/club/school can send more than one team to participate. However, names of every team must be different. If the unit/club/school send more than one team to participate, only one of the teams can use the name of unit/club/school which is representing.
- The name cannot contain foul language, obscene or indecent words. If the team’s name is inappropriate, the organizer reserves the right to request the team to change of its name.
Individual events: Champion, 1st runner-up, double 2nd runners-up and merit awards for 5th to 8th place.
Team events: Champion, 1st runner-up and double 2nd runners-up.
Ranking system of Individual Competitions
The points of participants in each group of events are calculated based on the overall ranking of the competition. The ranking is rolling. The points awarded in event 1 of the current league replace the points awarded in event 1 of the previous and so on.
If an event is cancelled during the current league by current situations, the points acquired during the corresponding event of the previous league will be deleted on the date assigned to this event. The organizer will announce special arrangements for each case when enrolling.
Points obtained in the Championships are multiplied by a factor of 1.5.
The winner (first ranked fencer) of each event’s official ranking will be announced at the end of the Championships.
If there are more than 1 fencers who have equal points and rank as 1st place, the organizer will decide the final ranked 1 fencer, based on who has gained the most first places in the Championships.
Only fencers who have participated in a direct elimination table can receive any points.